This is super easy and I had almost all of the ingredients on hand. Those I didn't I was able to make easy substitutions for (I've noted the substitutions below). Let me know what you think!
- 1 1/3 cup whole wheat flour (I used oat flour, just because I like it better)
- 1/2 cup Stevia or other sweetener of your choice (I used 1/4 c. Stevia and 1/4 c. organic brown sugar, to make it more husband-friendly!)
- 3 scoops vanilla whey protein powder (I was low on vanilla, so I used 1 scoop vanilla and 2 scoops chocolate)
- 1 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon (I never measure cinnamon--in my opinion you can never have too much!)
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup mashed banana (2 large or 3 small bananas)
- 1/4 cup water (I used unsweetened vanilla almond milk)
- snack size of unsweetened applesauce (I used 1/4 cup canned pumpkin)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Preheat oven to 350. Mix all ingredients together. Pour into a 8"/4" loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake for 40 minutes or until a toothpick can be stabbed into the middle and pulled out clean.