Thursday, April 12, 2012

Day One

Disclaimer today: I have a sinus infection and I'm on an antibiotic, so I'm not very hungry and I can't taste much. But I'm going to do my best and try to eat things that will help my body to heal! So breakfast was the Primal Juice from Foods Fit 4 Life. Freshly juiced kale, spinach, broccoli, celery, lemon, and apple. Yum! I also had a dried date. Normally I make sure to eat protein with every meal, but my appetite just wasn't there this morning. However, I'll have protein for my morning snack!



So morning snack was 1 hard-boiled egg and 1 hard-boiled egg white sprinkled with cayenne. One of my favorite snacks!
I made several of these quick and easy lunches for this week on Monday night, so all I have to do in the morning before work is refill my dish and I'm good to go! It's ground turkey mixed with a red bell pepper, a tad tomato sauce, cayenne, and cinnamon. Then there's steamed asparagus and some sweet potato sprinkled with cinnamon. This meal has filling fiber and protein, along with healthy doses of antioxidants and vitamins. And it tastes great too!
This is my afternoon snack pretty much every day. It is one of the most natural nutrition bars on the market and has a great balance of protein, carbs, and healthy fats. And it's made in Austin! It's also my Paleo cheat every day :)
So I felt like a salad for dinner since the family was having a grass-fed tenderloin and I don't eat beef.  I stopped at Hubbell and Hudson (best salad bar ever!) and got a scoop of their chicken salad (which I ate before I got home) and some salad toppings: artichoke hearts, cherry tomatoes, roasted red peppers, and feta cheese. Then when I got home, I put in spinach and a couple slices of turkey along with some avocado, asparagus, and honey mustard vinaigrette. Yummy! I also had a little dessert to satisfy my sweet tooth: one of my paleo chocolate chip cookies and, just before bed, a sugar free Fudgesicle (not really healthy, just good!).

No comments:

Post a Comment