Friday, April 13, 2012

Day Two

Still feeling pretty crummy today, and I can't taste a thing. If I don't feel better tomorrow, I may wait a few days to post my third and final day of meals so that you can see what I eat when I'm feeling normal and exercising!  I was really running late today...felt achy and did not want to get out of bed, so I had to grab something quick on the way out the door. I made a protein smoothie, which I usually put a banana in, but we were out of bananas at my house, so its a scoop of protein powder, a cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk, about a cup of raw spinach, a teaspoon of almond butter, and some ice.


I made my morning snack last night, and since I didn't know what I'd be eating for breakfast, I made my snack a little more substantial.  It's plain greek yogurt with chia powder (an excellent s source of protein, fiber, and healthy fats), a half scoop of protein powder, and some mango (which are pretty much buried under the yogurt in the picture!).  Leaving it in the fridge overnight with the chia powder makes it pretty thick, just the way I like it!


I went to get my lunch together and realized didn't have any sweet potatoes left this morning. So I decided that was a good excuse to hit up the H&H salad bar again for lunch! I have no rhyme or reason to my salads...I just put everything I like on it. I always start with spinach, add all the veggies they have that I like, a protein (grilled chicken in this case), either a little nuts or a little cheese (shredded swiss here) or avocado if they have it (they don't at H&H) for the fats, and then some straight balsamic vinegar with just a little olive oil or vinaigrette.  At H&H, I can't resist a bite of their chicken salad and their pesto pasta salad. They're so yummy so I just put a bite of each in my dish so I don't go overboard! This salad is delicious and keeps me full for hours. I have to be disciplined so that I don't get one every day, because they charge by weight!

Afternoon snack today is the same as yesterday, and most days. I love these things!







Okay, I'm a little behind on posting Day 2's dinner, but better late than never! I broke my own rule here by having salad twice in one day. My parents were having pizza for dinner, which I can't have on Paleo, so after digging around their kitchen, this is what I could come up with! I also had a very small glass of chardonnay and a couple of dark chocolate covered almonds for dessert :)

No comments:

Post a Comment