Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Pecan Coconut Tilapia

I hadn't had fish in a while and I know that there are several health benefits to eating fish on a regular basis. White fish is one of the best for you and with that I prefer tipalia. I was toying around while cooking some the other day on how I could add some flavor to it, come up with something different besides regular spices. So, I looked in my cupboard and had shredded coconut and pecans....and there was my recipe!

  • Tilapia filets
  • 2 tbsp. coconut oil
  • shredded coconut
  • pecans pieces
  1. Set the oven to 400 degrees
  2. line a cooking sheet with tin-foil
  3. Melt the coconut oil in a bowl completely until it is liquid
  4. coat the tilapia in the coconut oil and lay them on the cooking sheet
  5. sprinkle the fish with as much shredded coconut and pecan pieces as desired
  6. bake in the oven to 15 min., or until fish flakes easily when pricked with a fork
Toasted coconut and pecans are my favorite combo!

No comments:

Post a Comment