Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Turkey Meatballs

These are a family favorite at my house.  My husband and kids eat them on top of whole wheat or rice pasta, while I eat mine on their own or with some greens.  Although I would love to make my own tomato sauce, that's not an option for me most nights! My favorite grocery store pasta sauce is Muir Glen's line. Yummy and organic!

3 T. oat bran
1 T. wheat germ
1 T. ground flax seed
  (*note: you can use any combination of the above; I've used only flax seed and they're just as good!)
Sea salt and black pepper
1 large egg white
1/4 to 1/2 cup chicken stock
1 t. each oregano, poultry seasoning, seasoning salt
1 1/2 lbs. lean ground turkey (93/7 works great!)

Preheat oven to 350. Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper or spritz with olive oil.
Place oat bran, flax, wheat germ, oregano, sea salt, and pepper in medium mixing bowl and mix.  Add egg white and stock and combine thoroughly. Add ground turkey and mix well. Coat clean hands with olive oil.  Make 16 (-ish) two-inch meatballs and place on baking sheet. Place in hot oven and bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve as desired!

No comments:

Post a Comment